Let your voice be heard!
- Please sign and share our Change.org petition to ask the Vallejo City Council and Mayor to reopen our preserve now
- Contact Vallejo City Council members and advocate for the Preserve. Ask the members to:
- Acknowledge and build on the work of the community volunteers and donors and Mare Island Heritage Trust (MIHT); who have developed and maintained the Preserve for community benefit for the last 11 years.
- Allow the MIHT to continue to offer camping and to remain open while the Preserve is being changed to a Regional Park status.
- Bob Sampayan, Mayor Bob.Sampayan@cityofvallejo.net (707) 648-4377
- Pippin Dew, Vice Mayor Pippin.Dew@cityofvallejo.net (707) 648-4132
- Hakeem Brown, Councilmember email@example.com (707) 648-4131
- Robert H. McConnell, Council Member Robert.McConnell@cityofvallejo.net (707) 648-4135
- Katy Miessner, Councilmember Katy.Miessner@cityofvallejo.net (707) 648-4133
- Hermie Sunga, Councilmember Hermie.Sunga@cityofvallejo.net (707) 648-5437
- Rozzana Verder-Aliga, EdD, Councilmember Rozzana.Verder-Aliga@cityofvallejo.net (707) 648-4134
- 555 Santa Clara Street Vallejo, California 94590
- Go to City Council Meetings and ask the Council to open the Preserve now back to the public. Meetings are usually Tuesdays at 7pm. Arrive early to submit a speaker card to the City Clerk as public comment is limited to the first five individuals.
- Contact your Solano County Supervisor and advocate for the Preserve.
- Write letters to the editor in local news outlets:
- Send Letters to the Editor for the Vallejo Times Herald to: firstname.lastname@example.org Letters to the Times-Herald must contain the first and last name of the letter writer, as well as contact information to reach the letter writer. The contact information will not be published by the Times-Herald.
Spread the word far and wide
- Email friends and groups, post on social media to update them on news of the Preserve.
- Post flyers and provide information at community events.
- Work shift to educate and update Preserve visitors as a “Greeter”
- Coordinate an educational presentation about the Preserve for groups.
Want to do more?
- Join a Task Committee
- Social media
- Communications and Outreach
- Visit the Preserve and bring and send friends! We are at the gate every Saturday and Sunday from noon until dusk.
- Donate to the Mare Island Heritage Trust.
Mare Island Heritage Trust is a 501-C3 tax deductible organization that accepts donations